1. What is Atome?
Atome is a new payment option at Hype Vault that is available online and for in-app orders. Atome allows customers to shop now and pay for your purchase later in three equal interest-free instalments, due monthly. Think of Atome like a modern-day lay-by, except you can receive your order straight away for a third of the price.
2. Who can use Atome?
To use the service, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Currently reside in Malaysia
- Have a mobile phone number registered under your MyKad with your telco
- Own a credit or debit card that will be used to pay for your purchases on Atome
3. What will Atome cost me?
You will not pay anything extra when you choose to use Atome as your payment option, as there is no interest added. Payments are automatically deducted from the credit/debit card registered. Atome will inform you of the debit via in-app notification and SMS prior to deduction.
4. How is Atome different from bank credit cards?
- Instant Approval
- Min. Spend to use Atome is RM25
5. How do I pay using Atome?
Shop with Hype Vault and choose Atome as your preferred payment method at checkout. The payment is split into 3 payments equally every 30 days. Make your first repayment (one-third of your bill) with your credit or debit card at the time of purchase and the rest over the next two months in two equal interest-free instalments. For example: The dress is MYR 300. First month the payment deducted will be MYR 100, the second month MYR 100 and the last month you'll clear the bill by paying MYR 100. It’s that easy.
6. It seems too good to be true, what’s the catch?
We know it’s hard to believe, but there really isn’t one. The only cost that you might incur (apart from the price of your purchase) is a fixed late repayment fee that never snowballs.
7. Do customers have to pay any fees for using the Atome service?
Atome is a free service: there are no hidden service fees or interest charges if you pay all your scheduled instalments on time. That said, the merchant you’re shopping with may charge you additional fees for using Atome to pay – that’s between you and the merchant you’re buying goods from.
8. If I am late on payment, what happens?
If you missed a scheduled payment, we will charge you an administration fee and freeze your account until the outstanding amounts are paid. To reactivate your account, we will charge a RM50 fee. If this reactivation fee and instalment is not paid within seven days, an additional RM25 fee will be charged. In Malaysia, the maximum administrative fee is capped at RM150 per transaction.
Your account will be frozen and you will be required to pay all outstanding amounts due plus an administrative fee:
Days Past Date: 2 Days – 50 MYR charged
Days Past Date: 8 Days – 25 MYR charged
- Customer has to make full payment of all existing payments for their account to be reactivated
- Should customer have any other concerns, please contact Atome support team or head over to Atome’s website.
9. What are the payment methods for repayment?
- App repayment: Go to your ATOME APP. Select “Check and Pay” overdue bills. Update your credit or debit card details.
- Auto-Deduction: Deposit sufficient funds to the debit/credit card bound to your Atome account for auto deduction.
10. What are the payment methods for repayment if I failed to pay by cards?
- Bank Transfer
Bank Name: OCBC Bank (Malaysia) Berhad
Account Number : 710-131772-4
Account Name: APAYLATER SDN. BHD.
Address: NO 1, JALAN IBRAHIM, 80000, JOHOR BAHRU, JOHOR DARUL TAKZIM, MALAYSIA.
- To avoid delays in posting your payment, kindly leave your customer number or name in the “payment description” and send your proof of payment, name, and phone number to email@example.com.
Important Reminder: If you pay through PayNow or Bank Transfer, there would be a delay for matching your repayment to your outstanding balance. During this time, your total outstanding balance may be auto-debited from your nominated account if there is sufficient balance. If this happens, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to process the refund of the overpaid amount.
11. Can repayment date be pushed back?
Under normal circumstances, no, but if you are facing technical difficulties or other problems that prevent you from paying on time, though, please get in touch with Atome as soon as possible.
12. What are Atome's terms and conditions?
Read more about Atome's terms and conditions here.