When waiting is not an option, ShopBack PayLater lets you buy it now and pay over 3 monthly instalments at 0% interest and no hidden fees. Just more flexibility. Available online and in-store across all Hype Vault locations!
1. What is ShopBack PayLater?
Experience the convenience of ShopBack PayLater. With ShopBack PayLater, you can split your purchase into three monthly instalments, without any interest or hidden fees as long as payments are made on time. In case of overdue payments, a 2-day grace period is provided before late fees are charged. With ShopBack PayLater, you can also reduce your upfront payment by using your available ShopBack Cashback.
2. How does ShopBack PayLater work?
- Start by creating an account with the ShopBack app.
- Sign in and set up PayLater. Link your cards or payment methods to ShopBack and complete a quick identity check.
- Select PayLater at checkout. Look for the ShopBack PayLater logo when shopping online or in-store. Scan the QR code to pay.
- Pay in 3 monthly instalments. Pay a third of the bill first, and the rest over the next 2 months. Check status and manage payments in the ShopBack app.
3. How will ShopBack deduct payments?
ShopBack will automatically deduct payments following this schedule:
- 1st instalment: Upfront payment
- 2nd instalment: 30 days from checkout (purchase date + 30 days)
- 3rd instalment: 60 days from checkout (purchase date + 60 days)
- Your 2nd and 3rd instalments are automatically deducted from your default card in your ShopBack account.
For more information on how the instalments work, click here.
4. How do I set up my PayLater?
You can use any Malaysia-issued Visa and Mastercard card for PayLater. ShopBack unfortunately don’t accept e-Wallets. You can also use your available Cashback to offset upcoming payments.
If you have a demonstrated record of timely payments and responsible spending with PayLater, you may be eligible to use prepaid cards for instalment payments. However, ShopBack reserves the right to evaluate your eligibility for using prepaid cards periodically.
5. Who can use ShopBack PayLater?In line with the regulatory requirements for using ShopBack PayLater, we’ll need you to share the following information when you register:
• A Malaysian IC number
• A mobile number issued with a Malaysian prefix (+60)
• A valid email address
• Credit card/debit card issued by a financial institution
You need to be at least 18 years of age to use ShopBack PayLater.
6. What will ShopBack PayLater cost me?
You will not pay anything extra when you choose to use ShopBack PayLater as your payment option, as there is no interest added. PayLater is a free service offered by Hype Vault to you – there are no upfront fees charged or any interest accrued.
7. Can I use my ShopBack CashBack?
Yes, you can. When making payment, you can use available Cashback to part-pay or fully pay the first instalment. Simply turn on the "use Cashback" switch.
8. How do I pay using ShopBack PayLater?
Shop with Hype Vault online and in-store and choose ShopBack as your preferred payment method at checkout. The payment is split into 3 payments equally every 30 days. Make your first repayment (one-third of your bill) with your credit or debit card at the time of purchase and the rest over the next three months in three equal interest-free instalments. For example: The dress is MYR 300. First month the payment deducted will be MYR 100, the second month MYR 100 and the last month you'll clear the bill by paying MYR 100. It’s that easy.
For more information, click here.
9. It seems too good to be true, what’s the catch?
We know it’s hard to believe, but there really isn’t one. The only cost that you might incur (apart from the price of your purchase) is a fixed late repayment fee.
10. What is maximum spending limit for ShopBack PayLater?
There is a limit on the PayLater amount you can spend. You can view your spending and remaining balance from your ShopBack account under Available to spend.
A few things to note about your PayLater spending limit:
The available limit for users is dynamic and is influenced by factors such as repayment history, instalment debt, and tenure with ShopBack. The approval decision is based on multiple data points, and a rejection for one purchase does not guarantee future rejections.
11. If I am late on payment, what happens?
In case of overdue payments, a 2-day grace period is provided before late fees are charged. Unfortunately, there’ll be late payment fees on overdue payments:
- RM0.00 - 99.99: RM7.50
- RM100.00 - 499.99: RM25.00
- RM500.00 and above: RM75.00
Note: ShopBack reserves the right to change these terms and conditions without prior notice. If any changes are made, the revised terms and conditions will be posted here immediately.
12. Can I apply to increase my maximum available spend?
To ensure safe spending practices, you will be assigned a unique PayLater amount based on your user profile and payment practices.
13. What are ShopBack PayLater's terms and conditions?
Read more about ShopBack PayLater's terms and conditions: Click here.
11. I have more questions, where can I get help?
Find a comprehensive library of help articles in ShopBack's Help Center. Click here.